1. What’s your name and where have you been living so far?
My name is Harry Berman and my life has mainly revolved around the UK and the Netherlands. I currently live with in the Hague with my wife and (soon to be born) son.
2. Where do you currently work
I work for Fircroft Engineering Services Ltd, one of the world’s leading technical recruitment agencies specializing in providing experienced Oil and Gas professionals to clients worldwide. I am Global Account Manager for one of our key clients, which means I make sure that our 40+ offices work together well, know what opportunities there are and of course know what needs to be done to service the client effectively.
3. What are you working on this and next week?
Currently I am completing a strategy document describing how I plan to approach growing our business over the next 12 months, what we will need to do to achieve this, what issues we will face etcetera. Next week will be all about making sure that our global services are geared towards achieving these goals. And of course I am getting ready for Christmas
4. What is the biggest challenge in your job or working field?
The Oil and Gas industry has a huge skills shortage and any company within our industry always need to be looking at new and different ways of sourcing the best candidates for our clients.
5. What do you like most of working in the energy field?
The thing I probably like most of all is the fact that it is truly a global industry, which means I am exposed to people from all countries, religions, race and walks of life. I you like people, this is certainly a good sector to work in.
6. With whom (in or outside the energy field) would you like to have dinner? Where would you eat and about what would you like to talk?
Living: I would keep it in the industry and invite Peter Voser CEO of Shell, I would take him to my favourite Japanese restaurant and would like to hear his views on how the industry might develop in the next 5 years.
Deceased: Frank Zappa, who is one of my favourite musicians and composers of all time, I would take him out for an Italian meal to appeal to his roots and talk about his life and music of course.
7. The website www.globalenergyprofs.com is a platform for the global community of energy professionals. What do you expect from such a platform?
I expect a platform like Global Energy Professionals to provide me with relevant industry information, and act as a place where I can “meet” other industry professionals and they can meet me.
Harry Berman is Global Account Manager at Fircroft and responsible for strategic development of Key Global Clients