1. What’s your name and where have you been living so far?
My name is Rafael Herzberg and I live in São Paulo, Brazil.
2. Where do you currently work? I am co-founder and consulting partner at Interact Ltda., a company specialized in energy (contracting, management, efficiency, onsite power projects).
3. What are you working on this and next week?
This week I am helping an industrial large client to identify areas to allocate their new industrial plant (max 200 km from São Paulo), which are especially appropriate/competitive when it comes to their energy requirements such as electric power, natural gas and biomass.
Next week I will be negotiating about a contract optimization for a multinational client specialized in pilot training who operates one facility in Guarulhos, in the greater São Paulo metropolitan area. Furthermore I will be “polishing” my presentation for my talk at POWERGEN, in Orlando/Florida, in November.
4. What is the biggest challenge in your job or working field?
Expanding consulting sales is a big challenge in my job because this needs face-to-face meetings with CEOS, COOs and VPs. Therefore, the biggest challenge is opening good contacts at high level.
5. What do you like most of working in the energy field?
Discovering the client’s challenges, exploring the clients’ options and then helping the client make it happen associating technical solutions, financial resources and management skills. It is a lot of fun!
6. With whom (in or outside the energy field) would you like to have dinner? Where would you eat and about what would you like to talk?
I would like to have dinner with investors willing to evaluate energy related projects in Brazil. Most probably, these investors would be from abroad so I would suggest a nice barbecue restaurant. During the dinner I would like to show areas where it would make sense to do investments in energy.
7. The website www.globalenergyprofs.com is a platform for the global community of energy professionals. What do you expect from such a platform?
I expect that this website provides a place where there is interaction, information sharing and the possibility to expand your professional network.
Rafael Herzberg is co-founder and consulting partner at Interact Ltda., a company specialized in energy (contracting, management, efficiency, onsite power projects). Moreover, he will be a speaker at POWERGEN. firstname.lastname@example.org