1.What’s your name and where have you been living so far?
My name is John Fenton and I have lived in Indonesia for a long time.
2. Where do you currently work?
I am the owner of a renewable (solar) energy company in Indonesia; the mission of the company is to bring solar lights to the Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) sector (i.e. the poorest sector in the society.
3. What are you working on this and next week?
As every week, I am trying to solve the complex problems of getting solar energy to those who have the greatest need but the lowest income.
4. What is the biggest challenge in your job or working field?
The biggest challenges are lack of understanding at all levels and lack of government support.
5. What do you like most of working in the energy field?
If I can pull it off, I will be able to change tens of thousands of lives for a much better future for them and their families.
6. With whom (in or outside the energy field) would you like to have dinner? Where would you eat and about what would you like to talk?
There is a woman in the Thai government structure who has been pivotal to the successful Thai solar energy sector; I would take her to a Thai restaurant and talk about how to implement the same success here in Indonesia.
7. The website www.globalenergyprofs.com is a platform for the global community of energy professionals. What do you expect from such a platform?
I would expect global energy profs to link like minded people who have new outlooks on how to make successful a project with limited funding but would change the way decision makers look at renewable energy.
John Fenton is a senior renewable energy advisor and owner of a solar energy company in Indonesia. firstname.lastname@example.org